Friday, January 19, 2007

Hey! I feel smarter already!

In my last blog, I mentioned I still take a B-Complex vitamin largely for the ability of folic acid (Vitamin B-9) to reduce homocysteine even though the latest medical trials (WAFACS, HOPE-2, NORVIT, and VISP) all question whether this results in reduced cardiac events.

However, the Lancet (a respected British medical journal) reports in its January 20, 2007 edition, that a secondary conclusion of the FACIT trial shows folic acid does improve cognitive function. Also, the November 25, 2006 issue of the British Medical Journal reports that combined evidence from cohort, genetic, and randomized controlled studies is indeed strong enough to support a modest protective effect of this nutrient.

I guess I'm smarter (at least cognitively speaking) than I thought!

Still flying high,


HeartHawk

0 comments:

 
Blog Directory - Blogged